Saturday 31 March 2012

Experiment

So in preparation on our Lego project I decided to try and get into the head of a kid again and what makes them tick as eating food is concerned. I took my Godson Paudge and his brother Oisin to McDonalds just to see the user experience from there point of view. I found it funny how much importance this toy had on there experience at McDonalds. They didn't care what the got to eat as long as the got the toy.


 I also did a little experiment with them when I got home. I had asked Oisin about what he does and doesn't like to eat. It intrigued me that he said he hated apples so heres what I did to try and persuade him to eat some fresh fruit including apple slices.


I put the pieces of a lego toy in one pot then filled another pot with fruit. I put the pot with the fruit on top of the toy and thus Oisin had to eat his way to get at the toy. Not unlike a kinder surprise but with Lego.





Oisin had no problem eating his Apples!!


 Once he had the fruit all finished he got at the lego toy and began building.


This notion of reward while eating seems to work and something that Im interested to keep with in my design of my Lego product.

No comments:

Post a Comment